I’ve been diligently working on my sewing room. I’ve spent hours sorting through magazines and folders and tossing what no longer interests me. I’ve filled our large garbage can three times and have more to go. Last summer I had three of the twelve windows replaced. Normally I have blinds drawn to protect my fabric from the sun; I was surprised to find that two more of the windows were broken during Ike. And today I discovered one more broken window. No wonder it has been so cold in there during winter months.
It is a huge project to move everything out away from the windows and I decided that I would paint the walls. Painting the ceiling was the first step—that took about four hours one night after work. Last Thursday we had just half a day of work that allowed me to paint for another four hours and complete two walls. This morning I was up at 4 to move everything away from the remaining two walls and finish painting.
I think I’m going to leave it as it is although I’m so eager to sew again I can hardly stand it.