Sort of a Leather Journal but Not Really
One of the recent project posted was a long stitch journal with a cut-out in the spine.
Trying to use what I have….I have a vast supply of nearly everything craft-wise, I chose to try a fabric journal.
I had made three fabric collages on ticking fabric that was about the right size for the paper I had.
I stabilized the fabric and sewed on an inside fabric to hide the wrong side of the collage.
Then I used my new tool–a Crop-a=Gater….a huge hole punch to place three holes; and then used eyelets to stabilize them,
I ended up sewing the signatures in twice—paper is much more forgiving than I had ever thought–being much more accustomes to fabric.
Figuring out a closure was challenging, and I used two buttons/buttonholes.
And here is the spine. Getting those holes lined up is tricky and I didn’t do the best job of it—but practice as they say may change that.
Thje cord is hemp found in the jewelry section. I used beeswax on it—that makes a huge difference in how easy the knotting and handling of the stitching.
Next week starts another hand made book challenge. I am trying to finish up some of the half done projects before it starts.