This is one of the first jackets I made. I used a sweatshirt as the base and added a skewed applecore. I don’t remember exactly what it was I intended to do with it, but it had lingered in to UFO box for awhile and it was time to move on. So I put it on this sweatshirt–I did not take the sweatshirt apart. there was a lot of pinning and I turned under all the edges by hand and then sewed around everything. The last part was an entire spool of red glitter thread. I ran a few straight strips through for additional interest.
It was not easy working down those sleeves but not impossible with a small arm on my sewing machine—and I wasn’t doing a particular pattern that needed to match.
No comments yet