Sometime last year I received a small bundle of fat quarters–I think they were a fabric way and meant to coordinate. Unfortunately they were not colors I particularly like or routinely use in my art. So I decided I would use them in a small crib quilt ready for a gift or for sale in a local gallery.
I used a modified Attic Window block making it rather simple and turned the blocks this way and that; quilted it on my Handiquilter–it does give an amazing sense of accomplishment to finish up a small project. Now it is bound and ready for the ‘to be gifted stack’.
Working with colors that are not my favorite is an exercise in design; and this post has been an exercise in patience. I’ve spent most of the morning trying to put the image in this post; we discovered that the internet connection in the room I was using was not fast enough–and now that I’ve changed rooms, I’ve been successful. Hopefully future postings will not be so challenging.