Inset triangles and corner squares
After I sorted out everything I began to sew things together. I would have cut strips and sewn them together and then cut them apart and re-seamed them to make all these parts, but Mom had cut all of these squares and triangles out with a scissors and a template. Plus some of the squares and triangles were partially sewn but not completed. There were a few completed so I could tell what she had in mind.
Mom always sat and cut out pieces without really counting them; I found left-over diamonds and triangles from other projects. At least all of this was in the same box.
Unfortunatly as I began working I discovered that she had not cut enough green or rust and I could not find any more of those fabrics in her stash. Fortunately she did have other fabrics similar in shade and so I cut those up for use.